Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Want to improve your students' writing? Go Google.

Hi all!

Well it is almost spring break.  Here is a little tip to look into while you are resting on the beach, or skiing the slopes, or watching Netflix on the couch.  I don't know about you, but trying to constantly conference with my students about their writing is overwhelming.  I have discovered a trick.  I wish I knew where I first heard of the idea, but it changed writing time for me forever.

When your children are writing, have them write in google docs.  They should set the document up to share with you right away, right when they set up their document.  Then from that moment forward, you can comment on their writing as they type their stories.  You can conference during class, but you can also conference during your down time or prep time.  And, I find the students love coming to writing to see if their teacher has left any comments on their writing.

For example, right now, we are working on our student autobiographies.  We decided to do it in google slides, so that it will print and look like a real book, but could also easily be turned into a movie.  Here is a screen shot of my student's writing, and my comments.  She has already started editing based on my comments below her slide.  It's easy and powerful.  Give it a try!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skill Speed would like to know more about these ppl an inputs are welcome

    ReplyDelete


  3. One of the world's most popular and high recommend powerful Efficient Bitcoin Miner machine available in stock for sale at very low price with free delivery to worldwide, get it fast...........fee comfortable with this

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these blog help to improve your students' writing
    technology guest post

    ReplyDelete
  6. The formative years of internet development saw developers struggle with virtually every task in the development approach. To know more about ruby on rails development, check here.

    ReplyDelete